2010年1月4日星期一

一起看新闻、学英语-CBC NEWS-Dog Fights Off Cougar

音频 Audio: http://www.box.net/shared/qyd755sut1

It’s been said that doggie is man’s best friend. And dog in British Columbia learns truth to that old idiot. A cougar try to attach a young boy in Boston Bar British Columbia, the 11 year old survived his back yard attack thanks to his trusty golden retriever. Justine Ma has the story.


This is Angel. Moments after she was preyed from a cougar’s mouth. She is beaten and bloody, but all she cared about is her best friend Austin Foreman. The drama started when the two went outside to get firewood.

“I knew maybe something is up. I don’t know what, because she’s just following me everywhere.”

Austin stopped to take a break that’s when the cougar charge him from the bush.

“Angel came running as fast as she could and jump over the lawn motor. Here. She jumped from right there up over the lawn motor and now she landed here. The cougar has come from somewhere over here and jump and attacked her inside underneath there and that’s when I ran inside this door here.”

The family estimates Angel and cougar barnacled under these stairs for nearly twenty minutes. And at the one point the family thought Angel was dead.

“And I said to the kids. She’s dead. She’s gone. All we can do now is make sure that cougar doesn’t get a way from here and go after somebody else’s pad or brush yard some child at the neighborhood.”

It look bad. The cougar was chopping down Angel’s neck. Forman called police. Now officer arrived in minutes.

“I can see the cougar’s tail and it’s kind of hide and sit right down here and so I took a shot and I see it hit it.”

It took tow shoots to kill the big cat. And it’s Angel everyone worried about.

Just laying there and kind of motionless and than about 3 or 4 second later. It kind of certain cough and certain blood got up.

“As soon as I walked down the step there. She come up to meet me at the half way and make sure I was all right. I pad her.”

One and a half year old golden retriever is recovering from a swollen eye and puncture wound to her head, neck and legs. The Foreman say it would be a different story if it wasn’t for angel.

“If wouldn’t, we will not be here. That cougar would had my son. Now we wouldn’t be standing here, like we are today. So.”

She’s more than best friend now, she’s my guardian Angel.”

没有评论: