2010年7月22日星期四

一起听新闻、学英语-CBC NEWS-Bear attacks 2 campers in B.C.

听录音请按这里 (Audio): http://www.box.net/shared/mqa9n3fv0v

A conservation officials on the other side of the country, on B.C. are searching for a young black bear on Vancouver Island. This animal attacked two men who were camping at the west end of Sproat Lake near Port Alberni. One of the survivors spoke with our Alan Waterman said he feels very lucky to be alive after all deal.


“He was in tent. I was a goner.”

Jay Vinden figures he is pretty lucky he and his fishing buddy spend its last four days in a remote camp about an hour west to Port Alberni. They see a young black bear nearby a couple of dozen times. Early Wednesday morning they saw the bear again.

“Hearing a snore and I was six inches face to face with a yelling black bear. The same bear. He took about two seconds to size me up and launch to my mid section, got me there and got me in my knee and then flipped me over with one hand like a pancake. And went for my head.”

The bear swept the patch of Vinden ‘s scale about 12 by 18 centimeters. And also clawed and chopped on his mid section before his partner Bruise Dodio distracted the bear. The bear started to attack Bruise. By that time, I got my life and went move to the snuff and way he went.”

Vinden was transported to Nanaimo Hospital, doctors are looking a possible plastic surgery. Dodio escaped to scratches. Back in the bush, conservation officers began track in the bear. Once located, it will be destroyed.

“For limit area, finding and suggesting that it’s a, it’s acting a predatory, none defensive, kind of behavior.”

The idea that the bear will be shot.

“That sad with me.”

“Why is that?”

The animal do what he does naturedly, has sense of doing for 40 million years. I was in history.”

Police say there are some lessons to be learned here.

“Know what to do and if you know there are wild life in the area, perhaps you should consider camping elsewhere.”

Despite of loss of scale and his prized pony tail, Jay Vinden says he’s not deterred, he’ll be back in the bush as soon as possible.

没有评论: