2010年7月16日星期五

一起听新闻、学英语-CBC NEWS-PNE PRIZE HOUSE PEEK (You gotta listen this, the old couple is so cute.)

听录音请按这里(Audio): http://www.box.net/shared/if61xf0kvb

Every year thousands of people line up to get a peek at the PNE’s prize home. And they’ll get their chance tomorrow when the door is open to the public. But it seems not everyone got the memo. Box Nixon explains.


This is the day the PNE unbuilt its prize home to the media. And as usual, it is one fancy setup dates. But Alma Lenko, Arnold Baitz wanted to see for themselves. Not realizing the home only opens to the public on Friday. But how can you say no to a 93 years old and her 89 years old boy friend who currently living in a Coquitlam trailer park. I couldn’t. Neither could project manager, Barbra Elsword. They do not move as well as they used to. Arnold lost the leg to cancel 25 years ago, Alma got her cane. But given a private tour, they wanted to see it all. They inspected the wine seller, looked in on the media room, head up stairs to bedrooms and they love it all.

“I don’t want to go anywhere, if I have this home, I just want to stay at home, pinch myself everyday.”

I should told that Arnold and Alma have been buy prize tickets for decades, Arnold, this will be his 60th year and you know what he’s never won. But Arnold’s already thinking about moving to Kerolwa, with this 1.2m dollars home. Well enjoy view and Okanagan Lake.

“When I have, I will scroll it through until opening it. And turn the light off and on, and traversing.”

The chances of winning: very small. But at least they can dream the dream.

“See I can’t relate to the people with wealth live, you know, cuz I just lives as plant hunt wife, but I’ve been bless to opposes good seeks, but nothing like this.”

And who knows maybe this year, will be the one.

没有评论: