2010年6月17日星期四

一起听新闻、学英语-CBC NEWS-Image Passwords

听录音请按这里(Audio): http://www.box.net/shared/v6pqsqjage

We all have pin numbers or passwords, but not many of us can remember all of them. Now security experts are thinking beyond your alpha new nightmares. Theresa Lalonde explains.


Search engines, photo sharing pages, bank, social networks all passwords protected. The more we use, the more passwords were supposed to have.

“More than a dozen, I guess.”

“And how do you remember them?”

“Oh, I got them on a list, like, pinch tight on my desk.”

“I have no idea how many I would have.”

I did a poll on twitter today asking people how many passwords they had. One said three, that they use over and over again. The average 10 to 15. One guy said 133, put that together with banking pins, credit card pins, that a lot to remember.

“Passwords were real created by Geeks for themselves and now for security reasons. The geeks, the IT people, in pose the restrictions.”

The passwords stolen the most is the simplest to remember, “12345” the word password “Iloveyou”, and most common kids names, “Nicole, Daniel and Ashley.” So we have complex passwords, but many people just end up writing them down. A big “NO,NO” in the security world. Vincalek think it’s the time to ditch letters and numbers and go for image.

“You say, you know what I’m going to do dogs. So I choose my five favorite dogs.”

WE choose 5 images and remember them, hard for hackers to know what dogs or what mountain ranges or elect Elvis only when he wore white. This image technology is still a year’s away. In the meantime, Vincalek offers a tip.

“T, triangle, Theresa, very easy, and you’re done.”

Remember a letter and shape around it, like a triangle. That’s your new password.

没有评论: